Tools & Data
Buoy & C-Man
Outreach and Education
HWN Alert/Activation Level Status Sequence
- HWN Alert Level 1:
- Normal Status – There are no named Tropical Cyclones which threaten Atlantic Basin land masses.
- HWN Alert Level 2:
- Monitoring Mode – A Tropical Cyclone (Tropical Depression or Tropical Storm) has been named and is currently forecast to threaten land within the HWN area of interest (Caribbean, Central America, along the Atlantic seaboard of the U.S., and throughout the Gulf of Mexico coastal areas). You are encouraged to closely monitor our website, www.hwn.org, for announcements of possible net activation plans.
- HWN Alert Level 3:
- Standby Mode – A Tropical Cyclone has become, or forecast to become, a Hurricane and threaten land within the HWN area of interest within the next 24 hours. You are encouraged to closely monitor our website, www.hwn.org, for announcements for imminent activation plans.
- HWN Alert Level 4:
- Activated Mode – A Hurricane is currently affecting land within the HWN area of interest. HWN will be operating on 14.325.00 MHz.
- HWN Alert Level 5:
- Catastrophic Response Mode – A Major Hurricane (as defined by NHC) is threatening or currently affecting land within the HWN area of interest. HWN will be operating on 14.325.00 MHz during the day, and, as warranted, operating on 7.268 MHz at night.